Aug 28, 2014

Pretty in Pink

I currently belong to two Card Swap groups.  The idea is that you create multiples of the one card design so that each person in your card swap group receives one each of your cards.  My first card swap was in a group of 20 crafty CTMH Consultants! Wow, making 20 of the same card was certainly a marathon effort but it was well worth it as everyone else's cards started arriving in the mail.  I love hand crafted cards a lot so receiving one or more in the mail every day for a couple of weeks is definitely my idea of fun!

The Card Swap groups I currently belong to have 10 members in one group and 5 members in the other.  Making 10 cards or 5 cards at once is a breeze after making 20 let me tell you! :)

Now the reason I'm telling you this is that I would like to share my latest Card Swap creation with you. The design for this card came to me when I first spotted the A Budding Friendship stamp set in the Annual Inspirations Idea Book.  




A Budding Friendship was, and still is, my favourite stamp set of all time (yes, I love it THAT much).  I couldn't wait to try out this card design using this stamp set, so I thought the Card Swap would be the perfect time!  

So this is the card I created...



As you can see, this really is a very simple design using only two colours (don't you just love the freshness of White Daisy and Pixie together), some embossing with the new Floral Embossing Folder, a little Cricut-cut trim and a simple sentiment, but I think that simple can be quite lovely actually.

The feature that I was most interested in trying out was the window-pane effect on the flower, created by cutting the stamped image into four sections, separating them slightly and using Thin 3D Foam Tape to raise them off the pixie and white frame.  I think it creates an interesting focal point and steps up the look a little.  What do you think?

I also stamped the envelope to co-ordinate with the card!  I think this is a really nice touch when creating cards and so easy to do.




This card features: 
A Budding Friendship stamp set
Have a Happy Day stamp set
White Daisy Cardstock
Pixie Cardstock
Pixie Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Black Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Floral Embossing Folder
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (p. 63; cut at 1") 
Thin 3D Foam Tape

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my latest project.  Please drop by again soon.  

Happy crafting,
Denise :o)

2 comments:

Kaylene said...

I love this card. It is fast becoming my favourite stamp set too.

Denise Tarlinton said...

Thanks Kaylene. :)