This Advent Calendar was a huge hit in our house this year in the lead up to Christmas Day. It is based on the Advent Calendar that was featured in the Close To My Heart 2013 Holidays from the Heart Gift Guide and is created using the Snowhaven Paper Packet.
Designed Décor Black Frame
Snowhaven Paper Packet
Cricut Artiste Collection
October Stamp of the Month ‘Home for the Holidays’
Magical Days stamp set
Slate Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Cranberry Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Glacier Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
White Daisy Pigment Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Thin 3-D Foam Tape
Mini Glue Dots
Ruby Chevron Ribbon
1” x 1” My Acrylix Block
1” Circle Punch
25 Mini Pegs
1. Cut 25 boxes. The boxes are cut from the Cricut Artiste Cartridge p. 80, 3D Object, cut at 1.75” (Relative Size). You can cut 3 boxes from each piece of paper or cardstock (with leftovers for stamping and creating the backings for the numbers). Use the following quantities of cardstock/paper for the boxes: 2 sheets Glacier Cardstock, 1 sheet Cranberry Cardstock, 2 sheets Whisper Cardstock, 4 sheets Snowhaven B&T Paper (NB. Only cut 1 single box from the 4th sheet of paper to make 25 boxes altogether).
2. Fold and assemble the boxes, using Mini Glue Dots to stick them together.
3. Stamp each of the numbers from the Magical Days stamp set using your choice of colours on white or coloured cardstock. (N.B. Many of the numbers can be stamped twice using different colours and then cut out and layered).
4. Punch or cut out the numbers (1” circles or squares)
5. Punch or cut out contrasting backings for the numbers (1 1/4” circles or squares).
6. Use adhesive and Thin 3-D Foam tape to layer the numbers and backings on the boxes.
7. Create the topper for the Advent Calendar with the “dreaming, believing, wishing” stamp from the October SotM using the Cranberry stamp pad and the Ruby Chevron Ribbon. Adhere to the frame using Mini Glue Dots.
8. Put the completed boxes on the Frame with the Mini Pegs.
9. Fill the boxes with delicious treats and fun surprises!