Jun 8, 2016

Scrap those scraps!

I am always looking for creative ways to use up the paper scraps that are inevitably left over at the end of a Paper Packet or Scrapbooking Kit.  You know those scraps that you probably should throw away but you just can't bear to part with?  Yes, those ones! 

I discovered the cutest idea (well 2 actually) by a wonderfully creative CTMH Consultant Jennifer Smith on her Blog and I fell in LOVE! These are the perfect pages for using up scraps.  In fact these pages arecreated with a whole bunch of 1/2 inch strips of paper and Zip Strips and they're just completely fun and fabulous.  

You can see the pages that Jennifer created here. Don't you love them! Isn't she super-talented?

I ran with the second page and had fun replicating it with two different paper themes- Magical and Whimsy Paper Fundamentals. They both turned out so well, but the different colour combinations make them look quite different to each other.



What do you think?  Is this a page design that you could fall in love with?  This page is perfect as a title page or a final page in an album.  My pages are designed to feature one 5" x 7" photo but you could modify the design for a different sized photo.  

The next time you have those few paper scraps and Zip Strips laying in the bottom of that packet, I hope you will look at them in a new way.  i know I do! 

Warmest crafty wishes,
Denise xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I

Anonymous said...

I like the designs. I have used scraps of paper of all sizes in the same manner using several different size photos. Thanks for sharing