I love fancy-fold cards! Here is a double Z-Fold Card that I taught recently at my March Cardmaking Workshop. It's so easy to make, but the end result is so impressive. It's a card with a wow-factor, so the person receiving it will think you spent ages creating it. I won't tell them that you didn't!
Here's how to make it:
Happy Autumn stamp set
6” x 12” Whisper Cardstock
5 3/4” x 1 7/8”Heartstrings B & T paper (Juniper diamond side)
5 3/4” x 1 7/8” Heartstrings B & T paper (Cranberry hearts side)
5 3/4” x 3 7/8”Heartstrings B & T paper (Cranberry hearts side)
5” x 3 1/4” White Daisy Cardstock (inside)
4” x 2 3/4” White Daisy cardstock
4 1/4” x 3” Hollyhock Cardstock
4 3/8” x 3 1/8” Slate Cardstock
3” x 2 1/2” White Daisy Cardstock (for stamping flower)
Pixie Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Hollyhock Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Cranberry Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Pear Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Topiary Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Cocoa Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
3L® E-Z Dots® Adhesive
3-D Foam Tape
1. Score the Whisper Cardstock at 2”, 4”, 8” and 10” and fold to create the Double Z-Fold.
2. Adhere the B&T Paper to the inside and front panels of the card.
3. Create the flower by inking up the bottom of the stamp (flat side) with Pixie ink and stamping it onto the White Daisy Cardstock. Clean and let the stamp dry before flipping it over. Now ink the flower in Hollyhock ink and then Rock ‘n’ Roll the flower in Cranberry ink so it is on the outside edges of the flower. Stamp the image on top of the Pixie image trying to cover as much of the Pixie as possible.
4. Cut out the flower using Non-stick Micro-tip Scissors.
5. Ink the leaf stamps in Pear ink and Rock ‘n’ Roll the leaves in Topiary ink. Stamp two small and one large leaf onto the top of the 4” x 2 3/4” piece of white cardstock. Stamp the sentiment below in Cocoa ink.
6. Adhere the flower on top of the stamped leaves using 3-D Foam Tape.
7. Choose one of the other stamps to decorate the inside piece of White Daisy Cardstock using the Rock ‘n’ Roll technique. Adhere to the inside.
Until next time.