Mar 9, 2016

Joyful Birthday

As you know, this month I am sharing some of my favourite stamp sets and projects to celebrate our fabulous promotion Stampaganza 2016

In March, when you purchase two of our fabulous My Acrylix stamp sets, you can choose a third set *FREE! Yes, completely and utterly FREE! This is such a wonderful promotion and the perfect time to snap up the stamp sets that you have on your wish list! 



Today I am sharing a stamp set that wasn't on my radar for such a long time, and then I saw it used on a card, found it in my Annual Inspirations Idea Book and thought to myself, 'Why don't I have this stamp set?' Seriously, birthday cards are the cards I make most often and these four Happy Birthday sentiments are perfect for a huge range of birthday projects including cards, page layouts, gift bags, gift tags and 3D projects.  

Since I have added this stamp set to my collection, it is probably the sentiment stamp set that I use most frequently and it is often the star of a card or project at my monthly cardmaking and paper crafting workshops. I LOVE it!

My favourite project featuring the Joyful Birthday stamp set has to be this adorable card featuring rolled roses that is based on a design taught to me by my sister consultant Dawn Heathwood.  I just love the stark contrast between the Black and Canary Cardstock, the striking black leaves the Black Glitter Paper, White Daisy Scallops and of course that gorgeous Happy Birthday sentiment! Who wouldn't want to receive this card for their birthday?


This has been one of the most popular cards at my Cardmaking Workshops. Everyone just loves making it! If you would like to have a go at making this card, then check out the ingredients and instructions below.

Ingredients:
B1419 Joyful Birthday stamp set
5 1/2” x 8 1/2” Black Cardstock (card base)
4” x 5 1/4” Canary Cardstock
4” x 5 1/4” White Daisy Cardstock (for inside the card)
2 1/4” x 5” Black Cardstock
2” x 4 3/4” La Vie En Rose B&T Paper (Black patterned side)
2 3/4” x 2 7/8” Black Cardstock
2 1/2” x 2 3/4” White Daisy Cardstock (for stamping sentiment)
1/2” x 4” White Daisy Cardstock (for creating scallop border)
3 x Canary Roses (Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge, p. 68, Font <shift>, 2.25”)
3 x Black Leaves (Artiste Cricut Cartridge, p. 54, 3D Object <shift>, 1.25”
3 1/2” x 3 1/2” White Daisy Cardstock (for stamping)
1/2” x 4” Black Glitter Paper
Black Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Scallop Border Punch
Dot Embossing Folder
Thin 3-D Foam Tape
Mini Glue Dots

Instructions:
1. Score at 4 1/4” along the 8 1/2” length of Black Cardstock.  Fold in half along the score line to create the card base.
2. Start at the outside of the roses and roll towards the centre using your Quilling Tool.  Adhere the rose to the centre/base with Liquid Glass.  Hold for 90 seconds to allow the rose to adhere to its base. Set aside to dry.
3. Emboss the Canary Cardstock using the Dots Embossing Folder.
4. Adhere the embossed Canary Cardstock to the front of the card base.
5. Dovetail the bottom of the La Vie En Rose B&T Paper and adhere it to the long piece of Black Cardstock leaving an even mat around the sides and top.
6. Dovetail the bottom of the Black Cardstock to match the La Vie En Rose dovetail and adhere this piece down the left side of the card as shown.
7. Stamp 'Happy Birthday' in Black ink at the top-right of the piece of larger White Daisy Cardstock.
8. Adhere the White Daisy Cardstock to the black mat, aligning the bottom of the cardstock pieces.
9. Adhere to the card.
10. Adhere the Black Glitter Paper strip below the stamped Cardstock.
11. Use the Scallop Border Punch to create a scalloped strip and adhere it under the Black Glitter paper.
12. Add the roses and leaves using Glue Dots.

Thanks for dropping by my Bog.  I will continue to share my favourite stamp sets throughout March, so feel free to drop back again.

Warmest crafting wishes,
Denise :)

*The FREE stamp set must be of the same or lesser value than the two full-priced stamp sets. This promotion excludes some stamp sets. 




No comments: